Tomorrow is Shane's Eagle Court of Honor, and I can't freakin' BELIEVE how much work it is to get everything ready! We're making good progress but there is still a LOT to do to tie everthing up.
I ordered a cake from Costco yesterday then went and picked it up today and went to Wal-Mart AGAIN (I feel like I'm living there again lately), got home and realized I had forgotten the plasticware and paper plates. grrrrr. So guess where I'm headed later!
I think it's going to be really nice, though! Kelly put together a slideshow to the themesong from the TV series Enterprise that just fits Shane and his experiences perfectly. I still have a lot to do with pictures (decided that putting a scrapbook together this late in the game is insane so I'm just saying no to that, but I need to put something together that showcases his Eagle project) and we're fine-tuning the programs.
My brother Fred is going to read the story of the eagle and the chickens, and we're framing a copy of it to give to Shane. If you've never heard it you can find it online, and I will also post it here sometime in the next few days. It's very inspiring to anyone, not just an eagle scout.
Well, I'm going to catch a quick catnap and then jump back into the madness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck! i'm sure it will turn out great. i can't wait to hear all about it
Congratulations to Shane! At least you only had to do this once. We had our third Eagle Scout just a couple of months ago!
Post a Comment