Lately I've been watching the old TV show Little House on the Prairie. It's on my local PBS station and I decided to start recording it. I have to say that it has been a very refreshing change from the offerings on current TV and cable. I think it really was the last of the really good, quality shows offered on TV. It is so nice to never have to worry about language or sexual content. I love that God is talked about and worshipped. I love that every show has a real life message that is in harmony with values that I hold dear. Brittany and I have thoroughly enjoyed the episodes in which Laura has been courting and newly married; she and her husband can fight with the best of them and it is a really great thing to watch conflict be resolved the right way.
The pilot episode of this show came out when I was in 3rd grade! My school teacher that year was reading the Little House books out loud to the class, and I remember how magical it was the day she announced that there was a new show on TV based on the books. We looked forward to that first magical night with great anticipation; I remember being so excited that the family dog, Jack, was even there. As I got older I lost interest and as a teenager even mocked it, especially when it was dramatic. But I have to say that for all his personal flaws, Michael Landon produced one amazing show that reflected the kinds of values so missing in our current rising generation. Love of country, family and God, and the value of honest, hard work. Good stuff!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I LOVE that show!! I catch it every once in a while on Lifetime or WE. I know netflix has it, I think I'll have to add it to my queue. I think that'll be something Jordyn would like watching with me. I loved watching it when i was little and always wanted to be Laura. I still have a brown bonnett that someone made for me that we used to play dress up with.
Post a Comment