So you can imagine what I REALLY wanted to put in the title. But I am a righteous LDS woman working at the Lord's store and I shouldn't talk like that. :)
I am so DARNED ANGRY. And here is why. Brittany has been doing fan-TABulous with her migraine/head pain for about a week and a half. We found some natural remedies that have been working wonders and have brought the pain down so quickly--one is Magnesium Ionic Fizz; it's in powder form and you mix it with about 6 oz. water like the Emergen-C stuff. The first time she tried it, her pain level was at an 8; 15 minutes later it was a 5 and by the time an hour had passed it was down to a 2. Not pain-free, but she is so used to pain that anything 3 or under is a pretty darned good day for her. I found out last week about peppermint essential oil for sinuses, and a friend told me it also works for headaches if you apply it to the temples and also across the forehead if it's really bad. The first day I tried that on her, her pain was down to a 2 or 3 with the fizz; after the oil it was down to .5!
You'd have to have been living at our house for the past 2 years to realize what a miracle that is. For the past few days she has had such low pain that she hasn't even needed anything.
Enter today. Woke her up for school and she was at an 8. Gave her the fizz. She begged to skip her first class and sleep an hour longer. Slept, got up and asked if it was okay to take the magnesium again. STILL AT AN 8!!! Took the fizz again. Stayed at an 8. Applied the peppermint oil. Pain cam all the way down to a whopping 6. Looked out the window to an overcast, low-pressure day with snow flurries. Realized that my suspicions that the weather plays a big role in this mess is right, because her really great days coincided with the weather.
I'll be darned if every time she has the worst migraines/headaches isn't on days like this. What am I supposed to do?! I can't change the weather and we can't move to Tahiti. My husband works in Orem, Utah and we happen to like and need his job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment