Monday, October 27, 2008

Brittany's Blessings

Yesterday was quite the day for Brittany! She got her patriarchal blessing, which was an amazing experience. It is so special to sit there and witness your child receiving that. For that short period of time, you really do witness a little bit of heaven. It's amazing to feel that spirit and to know that that blessing comes directly from Heavenly Father and is specifically for that person. I feel very blessed to be the mother of this noble spirit.

I had the same feeling when Shane received his blessing a couple of years ago. I know his blessing has been a blessing (that sounds funny) to him. I felt so touched by Heavenly Father's love for him and it was so humbling to hear his spiritual gifts, guidance and promises. It's a really good thing to get that perspective during the turbulent teenage years, both for the teen and for the parent.

Something else that happened was that Brittany's Jared (I can't say boyfriend yet because they haven't had that talk yet) told her last night that he loves her. She was floating when she finally got to bed! This isn't the same boy in the snogging post--she sent that kid packing when she found out he also liked another girl and realized that kissing for him didn't mean the same as it does to her. Jared and Brittany have been friends for a very long time and started officially dating when she got rid of the other guy. I think he's liked her as more than a friend for quite a while but there were a lot of mixed signals. Anyway, it's been very sweet to watch their relationship develop, and I have NO problems with him whatsoever. He's a very good person and has a really fun personality that makes her laugh. He's going at a pace that is much more appropriate that snogger boy. I kind of thought things with him might be headed this way when all of a sudden I was seeing him at the house constantly the week before her 16th birthday. :) He did take her on her first date "as friends." Something that's so cute about them is they were best little buddies in 1st and 2nd grades. We transferred her to another school in 4th and his family moved to Hawaii for a couple of years when they started jr. high so they didn't come in contact with each other for a long time, then they had classes together in 9th grade when his family moved back here and they became friends again. It's just so darned adorable I can hardly stand it!

Ahhh, young love. . .(says the hen in Disney's Robin Hood)

No comments: