Friday, October 24, 2008

Well Isn't THAT Just Peachy

I never want to see peach jam again in my life!! I bought a bushel of peaches from one of the fruit stands you see around town, excited to can peaches. I envisioned at least a dozen beautiful quarts of golden peaches sitting on the shelves of my food storage room. When I got to canning day and started the process of taking the skins off and opening them, I discovered lots of bruises and mush inside. Not wanting to chuck $18.00 down the drain, I made jam instead since you just cook it down anyway. Can I just say what a PAIN that was? After cooking and stirring 4 freaking batches, all I ended up with was 11 measly pint jars, because I STILL ended up throwing about 1/3 of the peaches away. And I don't even like jam! Kelly is going to be eating peach jam with EVERYTHING for the next year. . .bread, sandwiches, cream, rice, noodles, cereal, eggs. . .

All for the sake of trying to be a provident Mormon woman. LOL

No comments: