Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The End of the World, or So It May Seem

I don't have much to say today other than with all the market crashes and other economy stresses, it feels like the end of the world to me sometimes. I'm grateful that for the most part we're doing okay financially--we refinanced our home at a fixed rate (we were on one of those ARMs that everyone is screaming about) at about this time last year, before things went so haywire, so we got out of that before it got too bad. It was pretty ridiculous what the variable interest rate was doing to our house payments, so I can understand why it's been so hard on people. I think we got our refinance done in just the nick of time.

I find myself freaking out about possible natural disasters, food storage, all that stuff lately.

And can I just say that it's expensive having a graduating senior?! I feel like I'm forking money over CONSTANTLY. I had to send a deposit today for Shane's cap and gown/tassle package and his announcements, etc. It is really expensive. And class rings--whatever! He wants one but they are ridiculous. The company makes it sound like you have to order them RIGHT NOW. The class ring package came right after we paid $300.00 toward his Ballroom/Dance Team tour. It's ridiculous.

No comments: