I swear I am going straight to hell for this one, but it's kind of funny so I had to post about it. If nothing else, anyone reading this can shake your head at what a bad example I am and feel much better about yourselves on days when you're not feeling that great, because I bet you've never done this!
Two night ago we were reading scriptures as a family. We are in the part where Abinadi is preaching to King Noah's court, and he is reviewing the ten commandments. On the part that covers "Thou shalt not covet" he gives examples of what not to covet and one of them is not to covet "thy neighbor's ass." It kind of hit me funny and my brain wasn't exactly thinking donkey, if you know what I mean. I kept my mouth shut, though--and then as we went to the next verse I realized Brittany was trying hard not to laugh and I realized she was probably thinking the same thing. So wonderful, upstanding me--when we were done with the chapter I turned to her and said, "Do not covet your neighbor's ass!" She said, "Oh my gosh, you too?" and we both totally cracked up laughing (we feed off of each other when we get like that and can go on and on laughing for a very long time). Kelly and Shane were looking at us in shock, Shane in total disgust. Then Kelly said, "Have you SEEN our neighbor's ass?" and that made it even worse because we've gotten many plumber butt views when he's been washing his truck or doing yard work.
And that is how you, too, can be a righteous influence in your home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment