Friday, December 19, 2008

Feeling Merrier. . .Thanks to my "Grandmas"

I'm feeling better today. I've been able to get a lot done over the past 3 days and it feels good. Got most of my shopping done Tuesday and did wrapping Wednesday.

Yesterday I delivered some little snowman dudes I got at the craft store to some of the grandmas that live in my neighborhood. Can I just say that that was one of the nicest afternoons I've spent in quite a while? Every single one of them wanted me to come in and visit, and it was so nice. They were so happy to be thought of! I love talking with grandmas; it's so fun to get to know them better and hear some of their experiences and just gab. I think it's sad that as humans we tend to gravitate towards people our own ages; we can learn a LOT from each other at all ages, I think.

I actually did housework today. It was amazing. I also got some piano practicing in and I'm making soup so that everyone can eat real dinner tonight after I've gone to work (for some reason no one around here is capable of putting a meal together themselves. Shane thinks there is no food in the house if we're not stocked up on crackers--it drives me CRAZY).

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL, I know what you mean! I work nights and if I don't pre make dinner they end up eating frozen pizza, hamburgers and fish sticks every night!