Sunday, December 14, 2008

MoTab Christmas Concert




Last night we went to the Tabernacle Choir/Orchestra at Temple Square Christmas Concert. It was sooooo good! I was very excited that we got tickets--even though they're free, they're not easy to come by. You have to register online and then it's kind of a raffle drawing as far as who actually gets tickets. The guests this year were singer/musician Brian Stokes Mitchell and award-winning actor Edward Hermann. It was really amazing. Brian Stokes Mitchell is an amazing singer and entertainer. I loved the version he did of "The Friendly Beasts;" he did different voices for each one and it was so funny. I also loved it when he sang his song from The Prince of Egypt and a song called "New Words." He sang several others and it was just so good. Edward Hermann did a narrative from the writings of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow those was amazing. I can see why he has won so many screen and stage awards! To our family he will always be beloved for his role on the TV show Gilmore Girls, which is what I know him best for.

Since Shane was has been on his dance tour, Brittany invited Jared to go with us. It was really a nice, fun evening. We went out to dinner at Zupa's in Provo before heading to Salt Lake. We had some time still before the doors opened, so we went to the 10th floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building to look at the view, then walked around Temple Square. The lights, of course, were beautiful and I loved the nativity that they had at the reflecting pool.

Something funny that happened was at one point when Brittany and Jared were coming back to their seats before the concert started, someone referred to Jared as Brittany's husband. They thought that was pretty funny!

No comments: