Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Holiday Meltdown

So yesterday I had a complete panic attack. I literally woke up around 4:00 gasping because it hit me WHILE I WAS SLEEPING how close it was to Christmas. And I had very little shopping done. I've been working a LOT the past few weeks and haven't had time to do everything.

I was scheduled to work yesterday and I had a feeling that it would be a good idea for me to call in and ask if they still needed to cut hours and volunteer to give up my shift. My shift was actually an extra one that had been added and up for grabs, so I took it. Then at around 8:00 the director called and told me my shift had been cancelled and I was like, "No problem!"

I got quite a bit done, but I always battle feeling panicky this time of year. Spending those larger chunks of money really freaks me out and I get worried that I'll be sorry that I spent the money on anything other than food staples the day the world ends and we're all living in our basements chewing on the wheat we have in food storage. LOL I know it's ridiculous, but I really do go there. Except for chewing on raw wheat, maybe. Except that that's what we'd have to do at our house since WE DON'T HAVE A WHEAT GRINDER!! Hmmm. . .maybe that's what I should get ME for Christmas.

I've definitely realized the past few days that I have not been living in a very balanced way over the past month. I haven't allowed time to do water aerobics or keep up with housework, etc. In fact, yesterday I got sick and I'm home from work again today. I've gotta quit being stupid.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

May the panic attacks be gone!

We don't even have wheat, so we'd be sitting in our basement chewing on the furniture. Or something.

Hang in there, it's almost over.