Shane's 18th birthday was on Friday the 19th. I can't believe that I'm now the mother of an adult!
It was a nice day; we started off by giving him his presents in the morning and singing to him. I bought him a desk and chair for his room a few weeks ago, and then the day before his birthday he gave me his "list" of possibilities. Deciding that he probably would prefer the dumbbells on his list, we returned the desk and chair. :) He also got the DVD set of Smallville season 2, a vest (suit-style, a lot of kids are wearing them with jeans a la Jonas Brothers), a book called 101 Creative Dates (he frequently asks for suggestions, saying they've already "done everything" as far as bowling, golf, etc. go), some candy and new earphones for his iPod. My mom gave him some money and a new tie.
We had a family wedding dinner that night at my mother's for my brother Greg and his fiance, Amy, since their wedding was the following day. I brought a cake along so he would get sung to, and after the dinner his girlfriend took him out to The Haunted Forest.
I think it was a nice day for him--being with Amanda was what was most important to him, I think, but I think he was happy with everything. I'm happy with the kind of person he is growing to be (despite my previous gripey posts). He surprised me on Sunday by affectionately kissing me on top of the head when we were in the kitchen (!). How surreal is that?
I have a new sister in law and nephew! Greg and Amy's wedding was beautiful (and very, very rainy). They got married up Little Cottonwood Canyon at Tanner's Flat, which is so pretty. It really poured down rain, especially during the ceremony, which is supposed to be good luck. So I guess we can take that as a good sign! Amy looked beautiful, and Greg's bald head shone. :) The reception was in their backyard in one of those Father of the Bride tents, and they had Famous Dave's Barbecue cater. Kelly was in 7th heaven! He told one of the caterers that it was some of the best barbecue he'd ever had, and he was from Texas. She understood immediately and took that as a huge compliment. LOL They had bubbles on the tables, which the kids loved of course, and Amy's son Jon looked extremely handsome in his tux. Katrina and I told him that he has to listen to our "Auntly advice now."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment