Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Call Me The Blur!!

So, in addition to my job at the Church Distribution Center, I started working this week at the Provo Towne Centre Mall working the Hickory Farms and Lehi Roller Mills kiosks. Yes, that's right--I'm one of the dreaded kiosk workers that you may make a point of avoiding eye contact with during your holiday stroll down the mall. I, however, work for the places people actually want to shop at--so there!! I am the nice lady who will give you food to eat whether you buy my stuff or not. Just pretend you're at Costco on a Saturday piecing your free lunch together. :)

I was fortunate enough to get employment there through my sister in law, who is managing this year. Brittany is going to be working as a stocker for both after Thanksgiving. The hours at the Distribution Center haven't been what I had hoped, so I'm glad to have this to fill in the gaps. Another nice thing is that I always have my Distribution schedule at least 3 weeks out, and my sister in law schedules me at the kiosks around that.

I worked today, also, and even managed to squeeze water aerobics in this morning beforehand. It was a tight squeeze but I'm glad I managed it. It's going to be a pretty hectic month and a half coming up, so I'm really going to have to make an effort to get the exercise in. I need to remember that getting it in is really an important part of being good to myself.

Best of all, I'm scoring two new aprons out of the deal. One sporting the proud Hickory Farms logo, and the other with a big old turkey on it (like the flour sacks). I bet you are so jealous right now!

No comments: