Thursday, November 6, 2008

Love Is In the Air

As of a week ago, Brittany's Jared officially became Brittany's boyfriend. I have to say they are very, very cute together!

I'm not feeling freaked out about this one, like I was about the boy in the Snogging post. Brittany and Jared have been friends for a really long time. I like him a LOT. Good guy, lots of fun and oh my gosh, SO funny. About a month ago he came over the day he found out Brittany had given the other guy the boot so she could talk, and I had just talked to Brittany, reinforcing NO BOYS in her bedroom. Jared came downstairs as we were finishing the talk and Brittany said, "Sorry, you can't come in here," (she was cleaning) and Jared wanted to know why (he's been in there as a friend when there have been several of them hanging out). I said something like because he's a guy and he said, "But I'm just Jared!" I said, "Sorry, house rules," and went upstairs. He asked her out on their first not-just-as-friends date that day and there's been quite a bit of snuggling going on since then. Whatever, "Just Jared!"

Shane and Amanda have been together almost 10 months. He's been making a slideshow CD to give her for their year anniversary. We love Amanda, too! She's a really good girl, fun and creative, and really encourages Shane to keep doing what he should. "Shane, you need to get your Eagle." "Okay, Amanda. Mom, I need an Eagle Project and I just passed off my last two nightmare merit badges that I've been fighting with you for two years over." "Shane, would you like to go to General Conference with me and my family?" "Why, of COURSE I would Amanda! There's nothing I love more than General Conference." "Shane, you should go to the seminary morningside." "Okay, Amanda. Mom, I need to be at the seminary building to go to the morningside you've been telling me I should go to for the past two years."

Having your kids date the right kinds of people? Priceless. And pretty darned cute.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Cuteness. Yay for Brittany!

I'm glad you got a cool job, it sounds aweseome. Love ya, sissy.