So, my daughter is "snogging" a boy. If you don't know what "snogging" is, you haven't read or seen Harry Potter--the great educator of all things British. Snogging is kissing. Usually used more to describe make-out sessions, but we enjoy saying "snogging" when we know that Shane has been kissing his girlfriend.
We can now apply the term "snogging" to Brittany. She got her first kiss on Wednesday--in fact, she got two of them, at least. They went on their first date a few weeks ago and he's been over to the house "hanging out" a few times since then.
How do I feel about this? Do I like him or want to kill him? Am I okay with this? Before he kissed her I thought he was a very nice, respectable young man. Now I find myself wondering, "Who is this guy, really?" and wanting to hire a private investigator.
I didn't feel this way about Shane dating and getting HIS first kiss, because of course I am raising the most righteous and upstanding young man who has ever walked the planet, and any girl who has the privilege of dating him should consider herself lucky.
So as Brittany walked in the house Wednesday night, three feet off the ground and face glowing, I knew what had happened. I was really excited for her--I felt giddy and teenagerish again.
He had the nerve to kiss her again yesterday!! Nice boy, my foot. Maybe I should show him my foot.
Seriously though, it is a MUCH different feeling having a daughter start dating/boyfriending than it is with a son. Kind of like I've fed her to a pack of hungry wolves. I'm pretty sure everything's fine. He's got a great sense of humor and treats her with respect. Brittany told me today that he ASKED her if he could kiss her the first time, so maybe he really is the good guy we took him for when we met him. Anyhow, they're hanging out at our house--so we can do PLENTY of interracting! I'm setting up permanent quilt frames so we can all tie humanitarian quilts together and watch reruns of General Conference. Ahhh, I love me a good General Conference session, don't you? I may even pop popcorn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ummmmm, con...gratulations???
Post a Comment