Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Well, today I am one year further into my midlife crisis. I am now 42; my daughter is calling it the year of much knowledge because of that whol 42 being the answer to the universe thing from one of the movies. I do have to say that 42 doesn't feel as yucky as 40 did. With 41 I just didn't want to think about it, but it's been all right this time.

It was a nice day; I purchased the piano sheet music for The Nutcracker Suite and 2 MoTab CDs and told my husband to wrap them up. :) He wasn't too happy about that but I told them I really wanted them. He got me a new bottle and giftset of my favorite perfume, Happy by Clinique because I ran out.

My favorite things about today were that my family made me some special things. Brittany made my cards on the computer, complete with photos and poetry verses she made up. The one from her and Shane have a photo of them on the front; the one from Kelly has my favorite wedding photo on the front. Kelly made me a slideshow on the computer to the song "Everything" by Michael Buble (the ka-yootest song ever!!), and Shane put together another slideshow to "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story 2--all the photos are of him and Brittany together when they were little. I loved all of it!

My mom invited us over for dinner so I didn't have to cook, and my sis and her family were there. Mom gave me a reindeer "Happy Holiday" sign she painted and some money, and I scored a deal with Katrina's husband on their camcorder. I'm very happy with that because ours bit the dust two or three years ago and we have a lot of events coming up that I want that for!

I got lots of Happy Birthday wishes at Relief Society--wouldn't you know they didn't give me the day off from teaching, but they announced it was my birthday. We have so many nice people in our ward. I was a little worried about the lesson because my brain has been on overload this past week and I've had a lot of trouble focusing (what's that guy's name that I'm married to? j/k), but I think it went all right. I'm always reminded that the teaching comes from the Spirit, not from me--which is a good thing on days like today when my brain is fried.

Brittany says I need to make the most of my Year of Much Knowledge, because after this year it's all over. :) We shall see how it goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! Forty two is not old at all. I have noticed that the older I get the higher the age goes for people I consider old. Being 45 myself I know that old for me is now in the 80’s.

It sounds like your family made some personal gifts for the wife and mother that they love. Those are gifts that last a lifetime!

Love you lots!

Debbie H.

Amy said...

Happy Late Birthday!! It sounds like you had a great one. What great presents you got, especially the ones from your kids.