Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yep, You Kind of Need Your Water Storage!

For anyone wondering if you really need to store the suggested amounts of water that are listed for emergency preparedness, I can say that I really think you do. And you never know what your emergency might be. It could be like the crisis our family has today:

Stupid Mom forgot to pay the water bill.

GAHHHHH!! There's nothing quite like turning the faucet on having nothing happen. We, of course, got the pretty green tag on our door stating we need to pay our bill and I was like, "Oh, yeah! I need to do that." I looked at the date and for some reason saw the 17th and put it aside because payday is tomorrow, then later when I had no water I looked at it again and it was the 12th. Don't ask how my brain messed that up; it just did. So how do you like THAT peek inside my head? I bet you're feeling pretty darned good about yourself right now!

It is amazing how fast water goes when you need to wash hands, boil water for cooking, etc. By some act of heaven we got paid today instead of tomorrow, so I went and paid the bill at lunch. They said it will be back on sometime today; I hope so, because I really don't want to deal with Kelly coming home to no running water. I feel SO classy today.

Hey, I just heard water in the sink! It's a beautiful thing. Those water turn offer guys have the cushiest job ever--open water meter, turn off water, get in truck, leave. Come back, open water meter, turn ON water, get in truck, leave. Hmmm, maybe that's another to add to my list of empty nester job possibilities. . .

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I had that happen with the gas bill, I read it wrong and put it on the bottom of the pile. Luckily I caught it the day before shut off and had to call to stop them from coming out then overnight the check. Mommy brain, gotta love it!!