Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Blonde Joke

I did something this afternoon that gave so much validity to the existence of blonde jokes. It's a good thing I've learned to laugh at myself over the years, because if I didn't I would cry all the time. If there weren't blonde jokes, I would be the reason for them to get started! Poster child, that's me.

I had to meet with one of Brittany's teachers after school, so needed to leave in enough time to get there as the bell rang. Of course, because of all the stinking SNOW still coming down I needed to get going earlier because of needing to shovel around the van, warm it up, scrape the windows, etc.

So I get all that done and then go to back out of my driveway (I didn't shovel the whole driveway because I thought I could back out okay) and my wheels start spinning. I try to go forward and my wheels were still spinning. I finally made it back a few inches and started spinning again. My neighbor was outside shoveling, saw I was spinning and came to dig me out. I got most of the way out and then the same thing happened. He said he was surprised but went around to shovel in back and then I hear, "Ma'am, your emergency brake is on." I could have died. I jokingly said, "I just wanted to see if you would come over and help," and apologized. He was really nice but I felt very, very stupid. I guess I could congratulate myself for providing my neighbors with dinner conversation!

I've been thinking of getting highlights as my hair has gotten a little darker. I'm not so sure that's a good idea, after all. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A good laugh for a cold, icy morning! Have a gr...eat day!

Debbie H.