Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Far, So Good!

I am happy to report that the way we are approaching Brittany's school schedule this semester seems to be a good solution.

True to the pattern of the past two years, her migraines and days not feeling well have increased in frequency, with the worst of it being first thing in the morning. I vowed after last year that I would not do the home and hospital option again; it was hard on both of us and we really didn't like each other too well by the time spring rolled around. She's been doing better mood-wise with the medication she's been on, and I was hoping against hope that we wouldn't have a repeat of last year. Last week was the first week back to school and also the end of term, and it was a hard week. Having her schedule changed so that 1st period on both days (block schedule--A and B days) is released time like seminary turned out to be an easy adjustment to make since she had Geometry 1st period, and the other 1st period class was one that she never signed up for and would have had changed anyway.

So this week we have been operating on this modified schedule, and it is making a big difference. I am very hopeful!! She is still in quite a bit of pain when she first gets up, but it allows her to sleep a little later and take a bit longer to get ready if she needs to. I still have her take her meds early so that they are in her system, then let her go back to sleep. The only drawback is that I have to take her since it's later, but I'm happy to make that adjustment. She has been a real trooper! Brittany is my hero in so many ways; I'm amazed at what a strong person she is.

No comments: