I'm so excited about something that I just have to tell about it; I have exercised every day, including today, since Monday!
Monday through Wednesday Brittany went to the indoor track at the Rec. Center and walked, and today I did water aerobics. She and I have decided to meet there after school three days a week, since it's right there by the high school. Monday I wasn't counting on lasting very long, not because of muscle issues, but because I have had so much trouble with my left knee for a long time. It's the reason I quit my membership at Curves and started water aerobics. The glorious thing is that we did 30 MINUTES and I had practically no pain! What pain I did experience was toward the end, and I wasn't sore afterward. That right there is a testament to the miracle of exercising in the water. I experience almost no pain in my knee anymore; I do get stiffness sometimes but it is so much better. It's because I started water aerobics a month before starting my job at the Distribution Center that I was able to work two jobs on my feet during the holiday season. I'm so thankful for this progress!
My exercise of choice is still water aerobics. I love being in the water! I love the way I feel during and after, and how hard I'm able to exercise. It is also very soothing to me. I remember the first time I ever got into a swimming pool; I was in 2nd grade and we went on a field trip to swim at BYU. I had never been swimming before and had no idea what to do, but I remember feeling the same way I do now when I go. It's a weird thing to say something can be so relaxing while you're working out; working out typically doesn't feel that way. I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay for you! I know what you mean, water aerobics is very soothing and relaxing, it doesn't even feel like you're exercising. Keep it up, Heidi!
Post a Comment