Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thank Goodness for Small Miracles!

Today I had a jolting experience. As I was coming home from the grocery store and hit the last block or so from our home, frozen snow started sliding off the roof of my van in large chunks. As I pulled into the driveway and stopped, an AVALANCHE fell on my windshield! I cleared it with my wipers, backed up to reposition the van and pulled up again, and even more covered the windshield. It has been frigid the last two days along with snowfall, and today we have had lots of sunshine. Thus the frozen chunks (HUGE) sliding all of a sudden! I'm so thankful that that didn't happen while I was driving, because I couldn't see a think for those seconds before I got the windshield clear. That could have been a very bad situation on the road.

It's amazing how many sudden, unexpected things can happen and have scary consequences. I definitely felt like I was being watched over! I'm glad I prayed for safety this morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heidi,

Did you fall of the face of the earth? I have been checking your blog but you haven’t updated it. Are you okay? I need to know that you are okay! Okay?

Debbie Hadlock

Heidi said...

Thanks for checking up on me, Debbie. ;) I appreciate it. Things are fine; just a lot going on over the past month resulting in tired me!