Friday, January 9, 2009

Exhaling

I'm letting out a huge sigh of relief because today is the last day of 2nd term for the kids. Brittany particularly had a lot of work to catch up on, because of how many sick days she had before Christmas break. She got a lot done, but this whole week has had to be at the school early and stay after a few times. She is really, really tired and hurting but I'm proud of her for hanging in there. I don't even care what her grades are--I just want passing and credit for graduation (those of you who have the luxury of expecting "straight A's" or "nothing lower than a B," count yourselves lucky).

I'll be anticipating this next semester with drawn breath, since this was the nightmare time last year and the year before. I'm hoping and praying that things go better. One thing we are doing differently that I hope will help is freeing up her first period so that she can go to school a little later if she is having a bad morning. She's going to do East Shore packets for the rest of Geometry and for Health. I feel good about this, and she actually asked if she could do packets for Geometry. East Shore is open until 7:00 p.m. and there are always teachers assigned to the different departments to help, but Kelly is really good at math and can help her on a regular basis. So hopefully this will be less stressful for her.

I'm going to wait until Monday to hold my breath, and am planning on exhaling to my heart's content over the weekend!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I hope she (and you!) get through the rest of the year! I remember how hard it was on her last year. I feel so bad that she has to go through all that. I remember a few weeks ago I had a series of bad headaches that kept me in bed, I can't imagine having that on a regular basis and having it hurt worse! I'm sure my pain was less than what she has delt with.

Also, I wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog, I love it!

Heidi said...

No problem Amy! I enjoy reading yours and getting to know you better. It's so exciting to see comments. :) Thanks for you well wishes for Brit.