Oh my, what a zoo it has been around here the past few days. It's quite the experience to witness your children deal with the complexities of dating relationships as teens. Brittany has been dealing with this kind of drama this week; not sure if it's resulting in a breakup or in a better relationship as they are learning to communicate better. The past two days it has seemed "over," but tonight they're out together with a friend.
It's been a little exhausting for me, but I've been happy that Brittany is speaking up and communicating how she wants to be treated. A couple of nights ago when things came to a head, I got a text from her boyfriend and ended up texting him for about 30 minutes clueing him in on why she was upset. I never imagined THAT would happen! I've always made a point of trying to establish a comfortable relationship with my kids' friends and dates; I never imagined that that would result in being enlisted by the one who ISN'T my kid to help with a misunderstanding. It was pretty surreal!
I'm so glad I'm not a teenager any more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment