I forgot to post that a couple of weeks ago, the director of the Church Distribution Center called and asked me if I would be interested in staying on permanently after the holidays. I was very surprised because my understanding was that there weren't going to be any new permanent positions available. He said I "have been a wonderful additon to the Center." I felt like Sally Field in her famous, many-times mocked "You like me! You really like me" Oscar speech. The catch is that for the first few months of the year it will only be a shift a week or every TWO weeks unless I pick up shifts from people who need someone to work for them. That's okay by me BECAUSE:
I got a call from H & R Block about part-time receptionist work for tax season, and they are okay with working around the Distribution schedule if I get hired. I'm waiting to hear back for an interview with them.
And an update on the shattered back windshield of our car: One of the guys I worked with at Lehi Mill told us to get the plastic you use for weather-proofing your house windows, etc. It comes with double-stick tape to adhere it and then you take a hair dryer to it to shrink it to size. He suggested double layering it and then putting duct tape around the edges. I was kind of horrified at the suggestion because it sounded trashy to me, but since we were desperate we did it and it's working great. It doesn't even look that bad. So if you're ever in a pinch with your car windows and can't get them replaced right away, that is a pretty good alternative. You can do it for between $6 and $10.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment